Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is this a good fix for my cake disaster?

I attempted to make mini pumpkin cupcakes. I went a long with a recipe from pumpkin maker Libby's. The recipe says to use two boxes of cake mix and the pumpkin. But instead of using canned pumpkin I used the canned pumpkin pie mix because I already had it. I made a smaller cake that was successful but the larger cake got burned on the bottom. I took the insides of the baked cake and put it into a pyrex bowl and spread icing on top. It looks decent enough, I have a picture included. Here's the picture link: http://i51.tinypic.com/vrv5n8.jpg Do you think this is okay to serve to my boyfriend's family, who I'm meeting for the first time. And just so you know, I'm only a 19 year old college student, not a culinary genius. yet :p Please help ASAP. This cake was just made for tomorrow, the fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment